Sales & Events
The Friends of the Library run two bookstores, both selling a broad range of gently used bibliographic items. All proceeds benefit the Berkeley Public Library.
Featured Sales @ Channing Bookstore:
- First half of March: Selected biographies on the sale table for $1 each
- Second half of March: Selected cookbooks on the sale table for $1 each
- Soft, felted fabric book covers in assorted colors and sizes: $1 each
Featured Sales @ Central Library Bookstore:
Weekly Book Cart Sales
Small sales inside the store continue all month:
CDs (classical, popular, world music, jazz); Classic Movies on DVD [$2]; Vintage Paperbacks [50¢]
February 27-March 5
- Civil War History
- Oddments: Blank journals, flash cards, gift books, etc.
- Selected Children’s Books 50¢ each
March 6-March 12
- Coloring Books (for adults and children—inside store)
- Yet More Cookbooks 50¢-$2
- Ephemera (old magazines, maps, etc.)
March 13-March 19
- Jumble Sale: A Little Bit of Everything
- TV shows on DVD
- Really Good Books You Always Meant to Read
March 20-March 26
- Classical multidisc CDs (lots of operas)
- Vintage Books $1
- Just Received History and Biographies
Q. Are you part of the Library?
A. No, we’re an independent organization working our buns off (so to speak) to raise money to help support the Library–especially the excellent programs (Noontime Opera, Summer Reading, Crafty Times, Lego Hour, etc.) that the Library produces. Almost every penny we earn from selling donated books goes back to the Library.
Q. Are you on Yelp?
A. Why yes, yes we are… at least our Channing Way store is. If you’ve had a good bibliographic experience at either store, how about leaving a comment on Yelp? And we’re on Facebook too.
Channing Way Bookstore
2433 Channing Way
Berkeley CA 94704
Tuesday – Saturday
10am – 4pm
Central Library Bookstore
2090 Kittredge Street
Berkeley CA 94704
Monday: Noon – 4pm
Tuesday – Saturday: 10am – 4pm
Sunday: 2pm – 4pm