Sales & Events
2017 Annual Book Sale:
Saturday, June 10, 10 am-4 pm, and Sunday, June 11, 1 pm-4 pm
Central Library, 3rd Floor Meeting Room
And – visit the Friends’ booth at the Bay Area Book Festival: Saturday, June 3 and Sunday, June 4, in downtown Berkeley.
The Friends operate two bookstores, both selling a range of gently used books, CDs, and DVDs. All proceeds benefit the Berkeley Public Library.
Featured Sales @ Channing Bookstore:
- First half of May: BIG Books $1 each.
- Second half of May: Special sale of children’s books: 50¢-$1 each.
- Soft, felted fabric book covers in assorted colors and sizes: $1 each
Featured Sales @ Central Library Bookstore:
Small sales inside the store continue all month:
CDs (classical, popular, world music, jazz), McSweeney Books, Classic Movies on DVD [$2] [all new selection]
Weekly Book Cart Sales:
- Good Books You’ve Always Meant to Read
- Unusual Books That Don’t Fit Our Usual Subject Areas
- Oddments: Blank journals, flash cards, gift books, etc.
- Just Received Religion and Spirituality Books
- Jumble Sale: A Little Bit of Everything
- Vintage Magazines $1
May 22-28 (closed Memorial Day, May 29)
- Selected Children’s Books 50¢ each
- Maps and Ephemera 50¢ each
Q. Are you part of the Library?
A. No, we’re an independent organization working our buns off (so to speak) to raise money to help support the Library–especially the excellent programs (Noontime Opera, Summer Reading, Crafty Times, Lego Hour, etc.) that the Library produces. Almost every penny we earn from selling donated books goes back to the Library.
Q. Are you on Yelp?
A. Why yes, yes we are… at least our Channing Way store is. If you’ve had a good bibliographic experience at either store, how about leaving a comment on Yelp? And we’re on Facebook too.
Channing Way Bookstore
2433 Channing Way
Berkeley CA 94704
Tuesday – Saturday
10am – 4pm
Central Library Bookstore
2090 Kittredge Street
Berkeley CA 94704
Monday: Noon – 4pm
Tuesday – Saturday: 10am – 4pm
Sunday: 2pm – 4pm